About Celtic Media Festival
The Celtic Media Festival is an annual 3 day event that promotes the languages and cultures of the Celtic Nations and Regions in media. It combines a major conference of seminars and master classes with presentation of coveted prizes in an international competition across all the main content genres in TV, radio, film and digital media.
CMF is held in late Spring in the heartland of one of the Celtic nations and regions.
For nearly 40 years, CMF has been bringing together those who cherish the languages and cultures of the Celtic countries as portrayed on screen and broadcast. It is a unique festival that has grown and flourished, on a scale that attracts the best conference speakers and that can showcase emerging talent yet intimate enough for delegates to meet the decision-makers you need to meet.
The Celtic Media Festival is supported by broadcast, film, cultural and economic development organisations throughout the Celtic countries and regions.
- Pádhraic Ó Ciardha, TG4/CMF Chair
- Deirdre Devlin, BBC Northern Ireland
- Garffild Lloyd Lewis, S4C/CMF Vice Chair
- Joseph Hoban, RTÉ
- Áine Walsh, ILBF/Northern Ireland Screen
- Edel Ni Chuireain, RTÉ Raidio na Gaeltachta
- David Harron, BBC Scotland
- Christina Macaulay, BBC Cymru Wales
- Alan Esslemont , MG ALBA
- Leo Devine, BBC Southwest
- Elis Owen, Independent
- Neil Graham, MG ALBA/ CMF Treasurer
- Festival Producer, Catriona Logan (Glasgow Office)
- Festival Co-ordinator, Naomi Wright (Glasgow Office)