We want to hear from people from all backgrounds and all walks of life with a real passion and determination to train as a BBC journalist. If you want to get first class training with the biggest broadcasting organisation in the world, then the BBC Digital Journalism Apprenticeship is for you.
You will work alongside BBC teams on work placements and assist them with delivering quality output and content, whether that is for online and digital, radio or television news. Meanwhile, you will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Journalism. Balancing your time between learning on the job and in a classroom environment will be essential.
• An apprenticeship to train to be a journalist with the BBC - with a diploma in journalism accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) at the end of it.
• You will learn how to create great content for BBC programmes across TV, radio, digital, online and social media.
• You will train and work alongside top Editors and journalists across different parts of BBC Wales
• You will get to tell news stories which appeal to a whole range of people who might not normally watch or listen to BBC content.
Are you the right candidate?
• You should be creative, curious and resilient.
• You must love all things digital and be able to show you are already using social media to tell stories.
• You must have a passion for writing.
• You must be interested in what is going on in the news
This is a scheme aimed at non-graduates. But you need to have at least 5 GCSEs with Maths and English at a C or above (or equivalent) or Grades 9 to 4. In Scotland you need to have five National 5’s, Grades A to C including Maths and English.
We also welcome those who are doing a completely different job – and want to make a career change to become a journalist.
If you are switched on, creative, and you can bring us your experiences of living in the UK today, then we want to hear from you.
Are you a graduate with ambitions to start a career in Journalism or an individual who can demonstrate their journalistic potential through existing experience, then our Journalism Trainee Scheme may be a better fit for you. To find out more click here.
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.