Animated Feature Head of Story
Story , Feature
The Head of Story will work closely and collaboratively with the Director and Lead Storyboard Artist/Storyboard Supervisor to develop the story and sequences for the upcoming feature project.
This is a highly collaborative role, based strongly on traditional drawing skills in addition to having a great sense of pacing, action, performance, composition, a strong sense of staging, cinematography, comedy and sequential storytelling. Strong problem solving skills are also essential to be successful in this role.
The Head of Story’s main responsibility is to ensure the team provides a sequential visual representation of the script and Director’s intentions as a blueprint, prior to full production starting.
- Interpret Director briefs: either written and/or visual and communicate this to the Story Team
- Create Storyboards that convey the action, acting of characters, scene composition, placement of cameras and continuity in the given sequence(s) clearly
- Present storyboards to Director, Lead/Supervisor and other Story Team members as required
- Developing new drawing as required to fix, change and/or improve sequences during the storyboarding phase
- Time/Self management: ability to hit internal deadlines
- Strong awareness of their own and team abilities and pace of work; working with Production to ensure that work is delivered on schedule to the quality required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels - with Team Members, Director and Production
- Suggesting suitable alternative approaches to story where appropriate
- Ensure that all boards are delivered in a format, and named, in a suitable manner for Editorial
- Deliver results that meet and exceed expectations
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to motivate, mentor and develop team members
- A keen and critical eye with excellent attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with Team, Client and Management is essential
- A strong sense of Initiative, and the ability to self manage, multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
For more information, please visit: https://www.axisstudiosgroup.com/careers/jobs/head-of-story/