Animated Feature Lead Animator
Feature , Animation
Axis Studios Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Animator to join them on site in Glasgow to support with an upcoming feature project.
The primary duty of the Lead Animator is to manage and guide the animation team on the feature project, ensuring the team’s output meets the design quality/budget targets set. In addition to this primary duty, the Lead Animator is also required to complete individual animation tasks, helping to set the benchmark for the animation quality, style and quote for the project.
The Lead Animator is required to support the smooth running of the project alongside Production, Supervisors and the other departments. Identifying, and highlighting departmental dependencies, maintaining an overview of department scope and ensuring tasks are being delegated based on ability and project requirements are all areas of engagement for the Lead Animator.
The Lead Animator should actively look to mentor and guide the Animation team on their project, ensuring animators are educated through all stages of production, passing on knowledge and methodology on best practice and technique, and making sure the team is supported both artistically and technically throughout their time on the project.
Additionally the Lead Animator should also look to contribute technical solutions to help bring efficiency and general progression to the feature projects animation pipeline - maintaining communication with the HOD’s on any pipeline issues encountered and the steps taken to resolve encountered issues.
An Effective Lead Animator:
- Actively monitors and adjusts to the project's needs
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved
- Looks to efficiently delegate tasks throughout the team
- Looks for opportunities for growth in others
- Can both anticipate a problem and ether prevent it or limit the damage
- Responds proactively to personal and team challenges
- Motivates themselves and team members
- Communicates effectively and clearly
- Aspires to learn and grow
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to motivate, mentor and develop a team
- Previous experience as a Lead Animator on a Feature film preferred but not essential
- Solution orientated with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- A strong, measurable track record in delivering against project goals.
- Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage people and projects.
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
For more information, please visit: https://www.axisstudiosgroup.com/careers/jobs/features-lead-animator/