About Celtic Media Festival The Celtic Media Festival is an annual 3 day event that promotes the languages and cultures of the Celtic Nations and Regions in media. It combines a major conference of seminars and master classes with presentation of coveted prizes in an international competition across all the main content genres in TV, radio, film and digital media.
CMF is held in late Spring/early Summer in the heartland of one of the Celtic nations and regions.
For over 40 years, CMF has been bringing together those who cherish the languages and cultures of the Celtic countries as portrayed on screen and broadcast. It is a unique festival that has grown and flourished, on a scale that attracts the best conference speakers and that can showcase emerging talent yet intimate enough for delegates to meet the decision-makers you need to meet.
The Celtic Media Festival is supported by broadcast, film, cultural and economic development organisations throughout the Celtic countries and regions.
CELTIC MEDIA FESTIVAL BOARD
- Andrew Burns, Screen Ireland
- Alan Esslemont, TG4/CMF Chair
- Áine Walsh, ILBF/Northern Ireland Screen
- David Harron, BBC Scotland
- Fernando Ojea, Televisión de Galicia
- Iseabail Mactaggart , MG ALBA
- Joseph Hoban, RTÉ
- Karen Kirby, BBC Northern Ireland
- Michael O'Keefe, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Nick Andrews, BBC Cymru Wales
- Sioned Wyn Roberts, S4C
- Seán Mac Giolla Phádraig, RTÉ
- Stephanie Marshall, BBC England
- Festival Director, Catriona Logan (Glasgow Office)
- Festival Manager, Naomi Wright (Glasgow Office)