ScreenSkills bursaries are designed to provide financial assistance to those looking to enter, progress in, return to, or transfer into the screen industries. Our ambition is to ensure that the industry has access now, and in the future, to the skills and talent it needs for continued success by helping to unlock opportunities across all types of screen work. Supporting an individual with a bursary to develop their career helps the screen industries to respond to skills gaps and priority shortage areas. We welcome applications from people in groups under-represented in the industry.
Bursaries are supported by the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds, by industry contributions to the Film, High-End TV, Children’s TV and Animation Skills Funds and through money from the Television Skills Fund targeted at improving diversity and inclusivity. Despite the various funding sources, we have created one route to accessing bursaries in order to make the application process as straightforward as possible.
You can apply for money to pay for most things that relate to training, work and work-related activities, including training fees, accommodation, care, disability access costs, equipment, software and travel. (See the guidelines for full list)
We aim to offer funding wherever possible, but we cannot promise that all applications will be successful due to limited funding and skills shortage priorities.
How to apply
Before you apply, please make sure you can confirm that all the following statements are accurate:
- I have read the guidelines and identified my career stage (Entry, Early, Experienced or Expert)
- I have evidence of my career stage as outlined in the guidelines, e.g. letters of recommendation
- I have checked the funding level for my identified career stage
- I have checked the relevant allowance rates (see the allowance grid in the guidelines)
- I have a copy of my CV and a 500-word personal statement
- I have the information needed for the help I want, (e.g. if I'm applying for accommodation, I have evidence of distance from home)
- If I receive a provisional offer, I will be able to provide proof of ID and a UK bank account.
For more information, please visit: https://www.screenskills.com/pitches/screenskills-bursaries-apply-for-funding-to-progress-your-career/e1a40527-ea77-499f-a303-ced2c120d66f/